Water Heater Repair & Replacement
Water heater breakdown on a commercial property can have a widespread effect. So, how do you avoid potential catastrophes? Taking stock of your water heater’s age and providing it with appropriate upkeep and maintenance is key. However, it’s a good rule of thumb to note that it may be time to fully replace your water heater if it’s older than 10 years or if you’ve spent half the cost of a new unit on maintenance within a 12-month timeframe. In any case, whether its maintenance, repair, or replacement that you need, CityWide Sewer & Drain offers prompt and professional services to keep the water flowing hot throughout your commercial property.
Water Heater Maintenance
Like all appliances, water heaters require regular maintenance to operate safely and efficiently and to prevent leaks or other unexpected problems. The older your water heater gets, the more frequently maintenance checks should be scheduled. CityWide can determine the type of maintenance needed based on a variety of factors, such as your unit’s location, design, quality of installation, water quality, and manufacturer recommendations. Consult with CityWide’s expert plumbers to establish a maintenance schedule that will maximize the life of your water heater.
Water Heater Leak Repair
A leak in your water heater may be an indication of a bigger problem. Whether you need a repair or a total appliance replacement may be dependent upon how quickly you get the source problem addressed and identified. Not every leaky water heater requires total replacement, but you’ll want an expert who can discern this for you. Our technicians will first identify the source of the leak, then determine whether the leak can be repaired or requires replacement. In either case, giving your water heater the professional attention it needs can extend the life of your water heater by several years.
Water Heater Installation and Replacement
Should your water heater require total replacement, CityWide Sewer & Drain will remove your old unit and safely dispose of it according to proper disposal guidelines. We will then safely handle all gas, electrical, and other connections, and ensure proper installation of your new water heater.
Signs Your Water Heater Needs Attention
Not sure how to tell if your water heater is malfunctioning? Be on alert for these possible problems and their indication signs:
- Brown Tinge to Your Water. This likely means that your tank is corroded and rusted.
- Banging/Rumbling. You may hear loud, unusual noises when your unit is turned on.
- Clogged Drain Valve. Sediment will collect over the years at the bottom of the tank. This sediment can block the drain valve and cause issues with your water heater.
- Leaking Tank. Leaks typically indicate an internal problem with your tank, which can rarely be fixed. In most cases, the replacement of your water heater is recommended and necessary.
Types of Water Heaters
- Conventional. Uses electricity or gas power to heat the water inside of a large tank.
- Tankless. Water is heated instantly as needed, and has the potential to lower water heating costs by 30%.
- Hybrid. Uses a water tank and a heat pump to heat water. This option is high-efficient, reducing water heating costs by 60%.
How CityWide Can Help
No matter the issue, water heater installation and replacement requires extreme caution and professional know-how. When you need a job done right the first time, leave it to the expert professional plumbers at CityWide Sewer & Drain.
- We ensure your water heater has the proper venting so it isn’t a fire hazard.
- We ensure that all installations adhere to building codes, and local laws and regulations.
- Our specialists can handle all of your installation needs, especially if your dedicated space requires that your water heater needs to be an unusual size, or if your storage requirements have changed since the last time your water heater was replaced.
- Our expert technicians are knowledgeable when it comes to regulatory guidelines for the proper disposal of your malfunctioned water heater, and we can also provide handy assistance for carrying it out of your commercial property.
- Our experts will ensure that your replacement unit selection is compliant with the new energy-efficient standards set by the National Appliance Energy Conservation Act in 2015.
- Our technicians are skilled when it comes to various types of water heaters, be it tankless, a hybrid heat fixture, or one that works via solar power.
- We ensure all cold and hot water pipes are routed correctly to avoid issues with water pressure.
When it’s time to replace your water heater, look to the professionals at CityWide Sewer & Drain. Our licensed experts will help you choose the right tank, replace the unit, and dispose of your old one properly. We’ll get your commercial property running hot water quickly and efficiently, leaving you with more time to focus on your business.