Residential and Commercial Garbage Disposal Repair & Installation Bronx NY
Residential Garbage Disposal Service Bronx NY
One of the most popular household conveniences is none other than the garbage disposal. It’s a useful tool that grinds up food into small pieces to form a slurry that is then carried by water through the pipes. However, if your Bronx area home’s garbage disposal becomes jammed or clogged, it can escalate quickly into a huge plumbing problem. Garbage disposals can become damaged if non-food items get caught in the appliance, such as utensils, straws, or sponges. Clogs can also be caused by certain food items, such as grease, fats, bones, or highly fibrous foods (like celery). Furthermore, a clogged garbage disposal can lead to clogs further down the drain line.
Commercial Garbage Disposal Service Bronx NY
Many commercial properties in Bronx area, such as those in the restaurant business, have kitchens that are fitted with a garbage disposal. But what happens when this ever-convenient appliance malfunctions and stops being so convenient? A jammed or clogged garbage disposal can escalate quickly into a huge plumbing problem, which can mean lost productivity and revenue.
Our experienced technicians can help! CityWide Sewer & Drain plumbers are on call 24/7 with repair and installation services that will not only address all of your garbage disposal issues but will add years to its life.
Common Garbage Disposal Repairs Bronx NY
- Leaks. Worn out seals allow waste and odors to escape, potentially causing wet work areas or health concerns.
- Jams. Hard-to-grind items or excessive food prohibit blade motion.
- Humming. The motor or impellor may be burned out.
- Nothing Happens. The unit might need to be reset or have its connection checked.
- Won’t Drain. The unit may not be chopping food the way it should and therefore excessive waste may have clogged the drain pipe.
Garbage Disposal Installation and Replacement Bronx NY
If you need an existing garbage disposal replaced, or a new garbage disposal installed, our CityWide plumbing experts can recommend the most efficient unit that fits your budget. We will install the unit and all of the necessary plumbing, and ensure that the unit is properly connected to the power source and your plumbing system.
Tips to Avoid Garbage Disposal Issues
Once your garbage disposal is repaired or newly installed, follow these helpful guidelines to avoid problems down the line:
- Make sure the disposal is running when you put food into it. Don’t wait until it’s full before turning it on.
- Run only cold water through a disposal to avoid overheating the motor.
- Avoid putting stringy, fibrous or starchy waste into the unit. Examples of items that cannot be sufficiently broken down are poultry skins, celery, fruit and potato peels.
- Never pour fats, cooking oils, or dressings down drains as they solidify inside of pipes.
- Rice, pasta, and other starchy side dishes expand with water, which can block the flow of water through drains.
Keep non-food items away from the appliance, such as utensils, straws, or sponges.
Garbage Disposal Repair & Installation Near Me in Bronx NY
- Bedford Park
- Castle Hill
- City Island
- Clason Point
- Co-op City
- Hunts Point
- Marble Hill
- Morris Heights
- Morris Park
- Mott Haven
- Mount Hope
- Pelham Bay
- The Hub
- Throgs Neck
- University Heights
- West Farms
Call Citywide today to schedule Garbage Disposal Repair & Installation Services in Bronx NY: 1.800.310.2564.