Sewer Line Repair and Replacement
Generally speaking, all types of pipes are vulnerable to breakage due to extreme pressure, be it inner (water) or outer (ground). However, one of the worst pipe malfunctions one can experience is that of a damaged sewer pipe. Cracked sewer pipes are not only costly to repair but they can present serious health hazards. When a sewer line fails, a repair is the first line of defense. When repair is not a viable option, we turn to sewer line replacement.
Common Causes of Sewer Line Damage
- Poor maintenance
- Regular ground freezes/thaws
- Wear and tear due to aging
- Backup from a city’s sewer line
- Infiltration of tree roots on sewer pipe holes and joints
- Poor sewer pipe layout, design and/or installation
- A buildup of debris, grease, hair, oil, sludge, toilet paper, other materials
- Earth movement, such as earthquakes or nearby heavy construction, etc.
Signs of a Broken Sewer Pipe
- Gurgling sounds coming from your toilet
- Receded water in your toilet
- Sewage backup in your toilet and/or tub
- Slow draining bathtub or failure to drain
- Noticeably greener grass near your sewage pipe
- Your yard is flooded with water
- Sewer odor in your yard, basement, or another area
Broken Residential Sewer Line Solutions
Our licensed sewer line experts at CityWide will assess your sewer pipes for cracks and other damage, with repair rather than replacement as our goal, to start with. Our complete stock of tools and materials means you do not need to wait for sewer replacement parts to ship out when you need service restored. Our fleet has all the necessary equipment required for a safe underground excavation including traffic cones, barriers, reflective & LED indicators, vehicle lighting, and warning signs.
While everyone’s sewer system and property layout are unique, there are some basic universal issues that we take a look at, many of which result in some of these common fixes:
- Pipe Relining. We clean out the existing sewer pipe then apply new lining, which takes a few hours to harden. The new lining acts as a protective sleeve to prevent pipe cracks.
- Burst Pipe Hydraulic Replacement. If the damage to your sewer pipe is too severe, we may be able to pull a new sewer pipe through the old one. This technique uses hydraulics to further break apart the damaged pipe and seamlessly replace it with the new one.
- Preventive Pipe Maintenance. Regular inspections and drain cleanings can help to keep major debris and buildup out of your pipes, and can help you to avoid cracks, clogs, or bursts.
Residential Sewer Line Replacement
When repairs aren’t possible, it’s time for a sewer line replacement. Rest assured that CityWide Sewer & Drain strives to provide you with methods that are more cost-effective and less invasive to your landscaping than traditional ones. We look at the whole picture, as well as the details, and find the best solution for your unique situation.
Typically a complete sewer line replacement will last for well over 50 years, be guaranteed unconditionally for 10 years, and require no maintenance whatsoever. The advantages of a complete sewer line replacement include:
- There is no expense to diagnose the point of the problem and location of where the house sewer runs, which can sometimes exceed $1,000.
- Back-pitched sewer pipe can be corrected with a replacement – a repair can typically not accomplish that.
- There is little chance of excavating in the wrong area, which can waste thousands of dollars.
- There is confidence in knowing that the sewer problem is solved once-and-for-all.
If you’re becoming concerned about the safety of your sewer lines in the face of growing tree roots, or that your pipes may have begun to leak sewage, don’t hesitate for a moment to call CityWide Sewer & Drain. It’s always better to be safe than sorry, and the sooner you call, the sooner we can address your problems and concerns, and get to repairing any cracks, breaks, deformities, or collapsed pipes we may encounter.