Sewer Line Repair & Replacement in NYC
Have you noticed sewage smells around your NYC area residential or commercial property? Have you come across standing water or perpetually damp areas around your business’ front sidewalk? Have you begun spotting rodents or pests? If so, you may be facing a damaged sewer line. One of the worst pipe malfunctions one can experience is that of a damaged sewer pipe. Cracked sewer pipes are not only costly to repair, they can present serious health hazards. Obviously, neither of these is good news for you, your customers, or your business. When a sewer line fails, repair is the first line of defense. When repair is not a viable option, we turn to sewer line replacement.
Common Causes of Sewer Line Damage in NYC
- Poor maintenance
- Poor sewer pipe layout, design and/or installation
- Infiltration of tree roots on sewer pipe holes and joints
- Regular ground freezes/thaws
- Earth movement, such as earthquakes or nearby heavy construction, etc.
- Buildup of debris, grease, hair, oil, sludge, toilet paper, other materials
- Wear and tear due to aging
- Backup from a city’s sewer line
Signs of a Broken Sewer Pipe
- Gurgling sounds coming from your toilet.
- Receded water in your toilet.
- Sewage backup in your toilet and/or tub.
- Slow draining bathtub or failure to drain.
- Noticeably greener grass near your sewage pipe
- Flooded lawn
- Sewer odor around your property
Broken Sewer Line Solutions NYC
Our licensed sewer line experts at CityWide will assess your sewer pipes for cracks and other damage. Our goal is repair over replacement to start. Our complete stock of tools and materials means you do not need to wait for sewer replacement parts to ship out when you need service restored. Our fleet has all the necessary equipment required for a safe underground excavation including traffic cones, barriers, reflective & LED indicators, vehicle lighting, and warning signs.
While everyone’s sewer system and property layout are unique, there are some basic universal issues that we take a look at, many of which result in some of these common fixes:
Pipe Relining. We clean out the existing sewer pipe then apply new lining, which takes a few hours to harden. The new lining acts as a protective sleeve to prevent pipe cracks.
Burst Pipe Hydraulic Replacement. If the damage to your sewer pipe is too severe, we may be able to pull a new sewer pipe through the old one. This technique uses hydraulics to further break apart the damaged pipe and seamlessly replace it with the new one.
Preventive Pipe Maintenance. Regular inspections and drain cleanings can help to keep major debris and buildup out of your pipes and can help you to avoid cracks, clogs, or bursts.
Sewer Line Replacement in NYC
When repairs aren’t possible, it’s time for a sewer line replacement. Rest assured that CityWide Sewer & Drain strives to provide you with methods that are more cost-effective and less invasive to your commercial landscaping than traditional ones. We look at the whole picture, as well as the details, and find the best solution for your unique situation.
Typically a complete sewer line replacement will last for well over fifty years, be guaranteed unconditionally for ten years, and require no maintenance whatsoever. The advantages of a complete sewer line replacement include:
- Back-pitched sewer pipe can be corrected with a replacement – a repair can typically not accomplish that.
- There is little chance of excavating in the wrong area, which can waste thousands of dollars.
- There is no expense to diagnose the point of the problem and location of where the building sewer runs, which can sometimes exceed $1,000.
- There is confidence in knowing that the sewer problem is solved once-and-for-all.
If you’re becoming concerned about the safety of your sewer lines in the face of growing tree roots, or that your pipes may have begun to leak sewage, don’t hesitate for a moment to call CityWide Sewer & Drain. It’s always better to be safe than sorry, and the sooner you call, the sooner we can address your problems and concerns, and get to repairing any cracks, breaks, deformities, or collapsed pipes we may encounter at your Long Island or New York Metropolitan Area commercial property.
Citywide Resolves 3-Day or 10-day Water Notice from DEP in NYC
Citywide’s licensed plumbers have substantial experience in dealing with DEP (Department of Environmental Protection) issued three day notice or 10-day notice related to defective water main sewer line. A 3-Day Notice is a notice issued by the NYC DEP to homeowner informing them that the main water line in their home is leaking and that it must be fixed within 3 days. Property owners who fail to repair the line within the 3-day time period will be fined $500 on their next water bill, will be issued a 10-day notice, and will have their water service shut off.
Sewer Line Repair & Replacement Near Me in NYC
Call Citywide today to schedule Sewer Line Repair & Replacement in NYC: 1.800.310.2564.